School carpool season is upon us, and the team at Westside Transmission & Automotive wants the vehicles of our clients to be kid-safe and ready for the road.
Here’s a back to school checklist:
- Check wipers and lights for visibility. With winter weather and shorter days ahead, it’s important that these features are ready so you can see and be seen. Take a look at the exterior and interior lights and replace the ones that are dimming, flashing, or out. Also, check your windshield wipers for signs of wear and tear.
- Get an annual brake inspection because your vehicle’s braking system is the most crucial safety feature in your car. An illuminated brake light or grinding, clicking, or screeching sounds could indicate that professional auto mechanics need to take a look.
- Check tires for excessive wear and underinflation. It’s also wise to take a look for uneven wear and check tread depth. A simple way to check tread depth is by putting a penny head-down. It’s time to replace the tires if the tread does not cover Lincoln’s head.
- Think about getting a backup detection device installed that offers warning sounds or rearview video when the vehicle moves in reverse. This can help lessen the risk of backover incidents.
- Be sure that everyone in the car is buckled up. For essential tips on seat belt fit and position, visit The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website. It has information about how to install car seats and suggestions for booster seats that suit or little one.
The team at Westside Transmission & Automotive deeply values the relationships with our clients and want to keep them comfortable in their vehicles. If you have any more questions about preparing your car for the school season or have any other auto repair inquiries, don’t hesitate to ask. To schedule an appointment at Westside Transmission & Automotive, contact us. We are located at 2050 Cotner Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90025.