As discussed in Part 1, automotive diagnostics involve checking several systems in your vehicle. Part 2 will continue by discussing the Ignition System and the Air Conditioning System.
Ignition System & ECU
When the key is turned in the vehicle’s ignition, an electrical charge is sent to the starter motor to crank and start the engine. Afterwards, the ignition system, which is made up of an ignition coil, distributor, distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires and spark plugs, takes over. An ECU (engine control unit) provides the computerized guidance for the ignition system to ensure optimal engine performance. This system should be inspected as part of the tune-up process.
Typically, the air conditioning (A/C) system of your car should be inspected annually, but check the owner’s manual for your vehicle to confirm the recommended service interval. As time passes, a car’s A/C system gradually becomes less efficient. The main causes may involve defective parts, leaking refrigerant gas, and insufficient pressure.
A/C System Inspection
Inspections of the air conditioning system should include the following three items:
- Visually check all tubes, pipes, connections, and components.
- Search for leaks.
- Check refrigerant gas pressure.
Servicing the air conditioning system of your vehicle will require the removal of the refrigerant gas. Then the pipes, tubes, and connections will be inspected for leaks and necessary repairs are made. Afterwards, the A/C system will be refilled with pressurized refrigerant gas.
For Great Service
Chesapeake Import has provided reputable and trusted automotive services to Annapolis and the surrounding areas since 1991 and currently offers the following benefits:
- Service specials for both new and returning customers.
- Courteous, professional management and staff.
- Large, clean and comfortable waiting area.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Convenient location in the heart of Annapolis.
- 24 month/24,000 mile warranty on parts and labor (some exclusions apply).
- Modern, well-equipped facility utilizing the latest technology and equipment.
- Prompt, reliable services and quality repairs.
- Professional and accurate diagnostics for modern vehicle systems.
Call us for an appointment today at (410) 267-8411. We will be very happy to see you.