As mentioned in Part 1, a car owner can do things to ensure great car repair service. Finding a trusted and experience mechanic is a great start, but it may not be enough. Part 1 covered Read Car Owner’s Manual, Great Record Keeping, Individualized Maintenance, and Mechanic Servicing Costs. Below are the last 4 of 8 tips to help your mechanic help you.
5) Find Right Mechanic
Is your mechanic ASE certified and trained specifically for your vehicle make? Modern vehicles are so complex and possess characteristics unique for each manufacturer. As special tools and particular procedures are often required, confirm your technician has the training for your type of automobile.
6) Choose Independent Service or Dealership
The mechanics and staff at dealerships specialize in one manufacturer’s vehicles, and they receive ongoing training as models upgrade annually. However, dealership service is usually more expensive, and it is not a given they have top technicians. Independent repair facilities are often founded by former excellent dealership mechanics who wanted to operate their own businesses. In addition, they can offer more personalized services than dealerships. Weigh the pros and cons of each for your individual needs.
7) Beware of Warning Signs
There are now easy ways to pre-evaluate a car service facility. Reviews of shops are now online, and customer feedback is posted. Ratings are commonly done by awarding stars, and so you will know a shop is excellent or poor by the average number. You should also observe the attitude of repair shop staff. Don’t ignore bad behavior.
8) Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Parts
Ensure genuine OEM components, not generic-manufactured parts, are installed. OEM meets manufacturer specifications crucial to auto performance. Saving money with aftermarket parts is why customers opt out of paying for OEM quality. However, the consumer may later spend more money on repairs because aftermarket parts are more likely to be defective and less durable.
Chesapeake Import Services has provided reputable and trusted services to Annapolis and the surrounding areas since 1991 and currently offer the following benefits:
- Service specials for both new and returning customers.
- Courteous, professional management and staff.
- Large, clean and comfortable waiting area.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Convenient location in the heart of Annapolis.
- 24 month/24,000 mile warranty on parts and labor (some exclusions apply).
- Modern, well-equipped facility utilizing the latest technology and equipment.
- Prompt, reliable services and quality repairs.
- Professional and accurate diagnostics for modern vehicle systems.
Call us for an appointment today at (410) 267-8411. We will be very happy to see you.